4/23/2007

The Word on Marketing


It's time to introduce yet another guest to the fans (all three of you) of this site. Meet a pretty and talented blogger from the Orient.

Here is a very informative and entertaining post on marketing, which "Pink Ginger" had posted from an e-mail she had received from a friend. She has kindly given me permission to copy and post it here.

A Professor was explaining marketing concepts to his students :

1. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say : "I am very rich. Marry me!"
- That's Direct Marketing.

2. You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl. One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says : "He's very rich. Marry him."
- That's Advertising.

3. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get her telephone number. The next day, you call and say : "Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me."
- That's Telemarketing.

4. You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. You get up and straighten your tie, you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door of the car for her, pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her a ride and then say : "By the way, I'm rich. Will you marry me?"
- That's Public Relations.

5. You're at a party and see gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says : You are very rich! Can you marry me?"
- That's Brand Recognition.

6. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say : "I am very rich. Marry me!" She gives you a nice hard slap on your face.
- That's Customer Feedback.

7. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say : "I am very rich. Marry me!" And she introduces you to her husband.
- That's Demand and Supply Gap.

8. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say anything, another person comes and tells her : "I'm rich. Will you marry me?" and she goes with him.
- That's competition eating into your Market share.

9. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say : "I'm rich. Marry me!" your wife arrives.
- That's restriction for entering new markets.
As I was reading her list, I thought of another one that could be included:

10. You see two gorgeous girls at a party, obviously friends. You go up to one and say, "I'm rich. Marry me." She turns away and you approach her friend with the same proposal.
-That's Networking.
Thank you, Pink Ginger, for an entertaining post.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I survived one semester of a business degree and until now, could not imagine anything amusing about it, so thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

you're reminding me
of silken pink rose petals~
marry this rich one


Thats TACT

abcd said...

Hi there, your point No.10 makes the list complete. Very talented.

I will include that into my list, by your name.

Thank you for sharing.

abcd said...

for No.10, perhaps 'Network Marketing' sounds better?

Serena said...

Nice post, Pink Ginger. I hope we'll be hearing lots more from you. Thanks for sharing.

cathy said...

being a girl I'll have to add a guy comes up to you and says "I graduated top of my class and one day I'm going to be rich, will you marry me?" If you accept you're investing in futures.
Now somebody explain hedge funds. LOL

cathy said...

wow synchronized commenting!

G-Man said...

Well Well Well,
Serena Joy. Hows it going?

Serena said...

Hey, g-man, good to see you. I've been keeping busy but NOT keeping out of trouble.:)