5/08/2007

Attack of the Word Mangler

~Word Mangler~

The Word Mangler likes to take written materials and make parodies of them. In other words, he likes to mangle them until they scarcely resemble their original form.

He especially likes to mangle well known pieces of work like poetry and hit songs.

The Blog Not Written

(With appologies to Robert Frost)
~
Two blogs merged in my noggin' of wood.
And sorry I could not post them both
And be one blogger, longing it to be good
And jotted down one as fast as I could
To where it took form and was not loath;
~
Then wrote the other as just and fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was sassy and had flair,
Though as for that, the blogging there
Had made them really about the same,
~
And both that evening equally play
On keys I stroke on white with black.
Oh, I saved the other for another day!
Yet, blogging drives me in such a way,
I doubted if I would ever recall it back.
~
I shall be posting this one with a sigh,
Somedays nothing makes any sense:
Two blogs in a head of wood, and I -
I posted this one and I don't know why,
Cos neither were of any significance!
~
(This was just an experiment.
A silly idea I thought I'd try.
I can give no reason why.
I'm not sure of my intent.
For you see, no Frost am I.)


Hello Reader, Hello Blogger

( With appologies to Allan Sherman)

Hello readah, hello bloggah,
It feels like my brain's a pinata.
Writers' block is very paining
And I still can't think of anything that's entertaining.

I went surfing, I used Ask Jeeves.
Found nothing, now I am peeved.
Wanted something new, a real winner.
Now that I've found it, I think I'll post it after dinner.

All the journalists hate the bloggers,
And the Web is full of us cloggers.
And all you readahs want no sissies,
So I post something that reads a lot like Joyce's Ulysses.

Now, I won't short change ya
And I surely won't estrange ya
Read it, I hope you won't pity it
And hopefully I won't come across as an idiot!

Read my blog, oh readah, bloggah.
Read my blog, don't hit this pinata!
Don't leave my site in a big huff
And I promise I won't post it in the buff!

Read my blog, I promise I won't make it too long
Or spell too many words wrong.
Oh, please don't make me cower.
I've been here ... ONE WHOLE HOUR.

Dearest bloggah, wonderful readah,
Please don't make me into a pleadah.
Read my blog, coz I am at an impasse,
And if you don't like it, then you can kiss my ass!

Wait a minute ... Outside it's storming!
The words are flowing ... Thoughts are forming.
Going to post it and run it up the flagstaff.
Readah, bloggah, kindly ignore the previous paragraph!

(The above is sung to the tune of "Hello Muddah, Hello Faddah (A Letter From Camp)" by Allan Sherman. I have parodied it with respect for the original song and for Allan Sherman, one of the great Novelty song writers.)

No.26

1 comment:

Serena said...

LOL! Love the Mangler. {{applause}}