This is the first of 3 Christmas carol IQ tests in which you are challenged to show off your knowledge of not only Christmas carols, but your word power also. Below are 20 titles of familiar holiday songs, but with a twist. The titles have been reworded into ambiguous trifle.
How many can you identify and supply the correct title?
-1) Quadruped with crimson proboscis
-2) 5 p.m. to 6 a.m. without noise
-3) Miniscule hamlet in the far east
-4) Ancient benevolent despot
-5) Adorn the vestibule
-6) Exuberance directed to the planet
-7) Listen, aerial spirits harmonizing
-8) Monarchial trio
-9) Yonder in the haystack
10) Assemble, everyone who believes
11) Hallowed post meridian
12) Fantasies of a colorless December 25th
13) Tin tintinnabulums
14) A dozen 24-hour yule periods
15) Befell during the transparent bewitching hour
16) Homo sapien of crystallized vapor
17) I merely desire a pair of incisors
18) I spied my maternal parent osculating a fat man in red
19) Perambulating through a December solstice fantasy
20) Aloft on the acme of the abode
15 – 20 Correct — You don’t need any Yuletide spirit!
10 – 14 Correct — You could use something in your stocking!
5 – 9 Correct — Are you sure you have the right holiday?
1 – 4 Correct — Surely you jest!?!
- Answers appear in the comments page.