12/09/2008

And Just What What Were you Thinking?


It was laying limp in my hand. It was very long, kind of thin. I slid it
between my fingers until I got to the end of it. I was turning it on. It
became firm in my hands, and the end was wet. Then it got very hard and
began gushing out of the tip.

*Then I took the garden hose and watered the bushes.*


I knew it could be done. I wanted to try but I didn't know if I could do
it. I called my friend. He said he knew how to do it and would teach me. He
put his arms around me and started. I watched nervously in the mirror. He
finally finished and pulled back slowly. I felt relieved that it was over.

*I hate neckties.*


It looked warm and dark, and juicy and inviting. I wasn't sure just what I
wanted to do with it. I carefully pulled it apart with my fingers to look
into it better. I knew how great it would be if I just started eating it.

*But I decided to put ketchup on my burger.*


I was scared at first. It was very wide, and very long, and it angled
straight up. I decided I had to try it once. I slowly and carefully eased
myself onto it. It felt weird at first. Then I got used to it. I went up
and down, and up and down on it. I was really loving it.

*Now I ride on escalators all the time.


I took my fingers and slowly, gently stretched it apart. It was so pure and
white. I licked it once, twice... I found I couldn't stop. I licked it
faster and faster, and harder. I began to scrape my teeth against it. There
it was, in my mouth! All sweet and creamy. I was done.

*And I threw away the outsides of my Oreo cookies.

211

No comments: