The Washington Post asked its readers to combine two words beginning with a letter from S to Z and create a new word. Here are some of the favorites:
Shishkabul: Grilling prisoners in Afghanistan.
Slothario: A man who lures women to bed just to sleep.
Spamputate: To delete the entire junk mail file.
Sudafederales: Brave agents who protect our nation from foreign cold remedies.
Viagrarian: A farmer who can plow the land for four hours without stopping to rest.
Worshippodrome: A megachurch.
Wiretapestry: The drapes in the FBI building.
The World's Thinnest Books
26. UNDERARM SHAVING TECHNIQUES - by National Organization of Women, France
25. DRIVING SKILLS- distributed by the Embassy of the People's Republic of China
24. BIRTH CONTROL METHODS - by the Catholic Church
23. JEWISH BOOK OF PORK DISHES - by Rabbi David Rosen
22. WARS WE HAVE WON - by the German Republic
21. HOW I SERVED MY COUNTRY - by Jane Fonda
20. MY BEAUTY SECRETS - by Janet Reno
19. HOW TO BUILD YOUR OWN AIRPLANE - by John Denver
18. MY SUPER BOWL HIGHLIGHTS - by Dan Marino
17. THINGS I LOVE ABOUT BILL - by Hillary Clinton
16. MY LITTLE BOOK OF PERSONAL HYGIENE - by Osama Bin Laden
15. THINGS I CANNOT AFFORD - by Bill Gates
14. HOW TO SAY NO TO A YOUNG BOY - by the Catholic Priests Association
13. MY WILD YEARS - by Al Gore
12. AMELIA EARHART'S GUIDE TO THE PACIFIC
11. AMERICA'S MOST POPULAR LAWYERS
10. DETROIT: a Travel Guide
9. A COLLECTION of MOTIVATIONAL SPEECHES -by Dr. J. Kevorkian
8. EVERYTHING MEN KNOW ABOUT WOMEN
7. EVERYTHING WOMEN KNOW ABOUT MEN
6. ALL THE MEN I HAVE LOVED BEFORE - by Ellen de Generes
5. MIKE TYSON'S GUIDE TO DATING ETIQUETTE
4. SPOTTED OWL RECIPES - by the EPA
3. THE AMISH PHONE DIRECTORY
2. MY PLAN TO FIND THE REAL KILLERS - by O. J. Simpson
1. FRENCH WAR HEROES - by Jacques Chirac
And my favorite...
WORDS I CAN PRONOUNCE - George W. Bush